The biggest challenge for the commercial furniture manufacturing industry is tackling waste.
The linear model of manufacture, consume, dispose, and buy new is not sustainable. Even when products are made from renewable materials there is often no plan for them at end of life.
1.2 million office desks and 1.8 million ofﬁce chairs end up in UK landﬁll each year (Wrap)
There is still a huge volume of products made with virgin materials which cannot be repaired, refurbished, or easily disassembled for recycling.
Sustainable Office Furniture
Truly sustainable products are ones that can be used over and over again or broken down into component parts for re-use.
Without a plan for furniture that is no longer required, sustainable procurement is not tackling the biggest problem of waste to landfill.
We must clean up behind ourselves with a positive exit route for the end of life of every product.
Our services are designed to help you reach your carbon reduction goals: —
- Offset carbon in your new office fit outs by managing IT and furniture no longer required through donation, refurbishment, recycling. Our Bureaumove division provides a sustainable, ethical clearance to help you achieve a climate positive outcome for your project
- Verifiable data is essential so that you can measure performance and report on it. The carbon impact of office moves is recorded and visible with our proprietary Carbon Report tool, based on DEFRA’s GHGR and GHGP. Providing data for Scope 3 emissions, we can show the exact carbon saving from using our service.
- Our experienced furniture consultants can advise on better quality and ‘heirloom’ furniture which can be refurbished, re-sold (in the second hand market), or more easily disassembled and recycled.
- We provide information on cost-effective sustainable office solutions – recycled, recyclable or renewable materials, ease of repair, local sourcing.
- Your assets and their embodied carbon can be managed throughout their lifecycle with our customisable asset management platform.
Click here to download our ‘Green Report 2022’ with the latest sustainable furniture solutions and circular economy practices to achieve a climate positive outcome for your project.